In Frostburg, permits are required for most construction projects. The City is committed to a simple and expedited process and friendly service. A visit to the Community Development Department at City Hall or a phone call will help you get the process started. We look forward to helping you with your next project.Permits are required for the following types of work in the City of Frostburg:- New Construction (including sheds and garages)- Major Renovation (structural changes)- Grading- Fences- Signs- Home Occupations- Business Occupancy- Demolition- Soliciting- Certificate of Approval for work that alters the exterior of a structure in the Historic District- BurningAll new single and two-family construction in the City of Frostburg is required to be sprinklered in accordance with Maryland Building Performance Standards. The City offers a $2,500 sprinkler rebate following the issuance of a Use & Occupancy permit for new construction of a single or two-family home. Burning Permits for the burning of yard material: First - call the Allegany County Health Department at (301) 759-5039Second - bring a copy of Health Department Permit to City Hall to be issued a Frostburg Burning Permit. The City of Frostburg Burning Permit is issued free of charge, but is required so that City Police and the Frostburg Fire Department are notified. Burning permits are not required for small recreational bonfires. Please stop by City Hall, call, or email for more information regarding the permits required for the work you are planning. We look forward to working with you on your next project. 301-689-6000 ext. 105

Supporting materials

General Permit: for home occupations, occupancy, soliciting, accessory structures, grading, fences
Pool Permit: for above ground and in-ground pools(pools with inflatable ring/temporary pools do not generally require a permit)
Building Permit: for new construction
Plan Review Requirements for Residential Construction
Inspection Requirements for Residential Construction
Sign Permit: for any new sign both for businesses and home occupations
Demolition Permits: for demolition of any structure
Family Childcare Home Permit
Board of Zoning Appeals Permit: to be completed when seeking a variance, special exception, or administrative error request.
Chicken License: required in order to keep chickens in City limits
A Guide to Keeping Chickens in the City of Frostburg
Historic District Certificate of Approval Application: required for work in the Frostburg Historic District
Permits Fee Schedule